“Fall Back” Fat Bombs
Note: makes approximately 10 -12 fat bombs, depending on size
Make these at the exact fall date change if you enjoy puns, or you can fall back on this healthy, easy, keto-friendly snack and dessert any time.
- 8 oz block of Cream cheese, (preferably organic and grass-fed, bonus points for cultured) softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup Almond, walnut, cashew, macadamia, or other nut butter of choice (no sugar added)
- 2 pinches Powdered stevia or to taste (or a dash of liquid stevia, monk fruit, or monk fruit extract)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. Coconut oil, separated
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Dark chocolate chips (sugarless, lightly sweetened with a healthy sweetener)
- 2 squares Unsweetened baker’s chocolate, preferably organic
- 1/4 tsp. Sea salt (optional, to taste)
Garnish (optional): Approximately 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Combine cream cheese, nut butter, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and salt. Mix with hand mixer or mash and stir thoroughly with a fork.
- Place cream cheese mixture in freezer until firm enough to handle (10-15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips, baker’s chocolate, and 1 tbsp coconut oil in a small pot over low heat and melt together. Stir well to combine.
- Form cream cheese mixture into 1 inch balls or flatten into small patties. Drizzle or swirl chocolate over them. Place in fridge or freezer until set. Store in refrigerator (or freezer if storing them longer term).