Oh.My.Good. On a scale of one to even, we just can’t. This recipe is THE BOMB. We’ve heart of putting guacamole or avocados on burgers, but IN THEM? Game changer. These avocado stuffed burgers from our friends over at Civilized Caveman Cooking have created an incredible burger recipe that is so simple yet so delicious and is guaranteed to impress your friends.
They mash up some ripe avocados with sun dried tomatoes but you can always get creative and add bacon, onions, or anything else you might want to stuff your burgers with. All we can say is, YOU MUST TRY THIS.
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef from the awesome TX Bar Organics
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped NO OIL
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (makes it salty depending on your sun-dried tomatoes)
- Bacon fat (Optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium-medium high heat
- Put your ground beef in a large mixing bowl and add black pepper, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and the zest of one lemon
- Mix well and then using your hands form into thin patties all the same size (you need them thin because you will be using two of them to make one patty)
- In another mixing bowl combine avocados, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and the remaining teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mash the avocado and mix ingredients well to get as smooth as you like
- Place your avocado mixture on top of the bottom of half of the burgers, ensuring you leave room to seal the burgers without it leaking out
- Put your other patty over the top of your mixture and pinch the edges of your burgers together to seal all the way around
- Now go out and grill to your liking. I normally do about 6-8 Minutes per side on my grill but yours may be different. Ensure you cook evenly on both sides of the burger or you will end up with an undercooked and an overcooked side
- While grilling, I drizzle my burgers with bacon grease and it adds an amazing flavor
- When done grilling, allow your burgers to rest for 10 minutes and then serve. You can use the rest of your avocado mixture to top your burgers with and go to town