Did you know that just saying the word “calm” can help you feel calmer and more at ease?
Seems crazy, right? But it’s true.
Psychologists call it “labeling”: the practice of putting a word to your emotions can help you to analyze what’s happening to you in the moment and thereby deal with it.
That’s how saying the word calm can help you actually be calmer.
Did you also know that the best athletes have more of what is called “quiet eye”?
That’s the ability to keep their vision supremely focused on their goal no matter what is going on around them. Serena Williams has it. So does LeBron James and many other elite performers.
What’s this tell us? High performance can hinge on your ability not just to produce power in the needed moment but also to produce calm within yourself in the most difficult moments.
We know how difficult it can be to locate that quiet eye and that calm within yourself when the world is going by at 500 miles an hour and everyone seems to need something from you. So we worked on a a gut shot to help you find the calm within yourself and settle down the anxiety rising in your gut.
- Because we know the gut microbiome is key to everything going on in your body and mind.
- We know that ancient spices like turmeric are powerful anti-inflammatories and contain powerful anti-oxidants.
- We know that food can not only sustain us but, when used properly, food can fuel the body and the mind that we want to have.
In a world full of speed and distractions, it’s amazing how simple things can help reboot ourselves and remain focused on the important things in life. Put a pocket of clarity in the middle of your day and see what happens.
- Take a walk
- Listen to a mindfulness app (like Headspace or Calm)
- Try our new Carrot Turmeric Calm gut shot.