Bark is divine. We’ve seen it with saltines, caramel, nuts and even candy cane pieces for a hint of mint. Try this version for a treat even your sugar addict family members will love!
For those of us trying to keep a semi-healthy holiday, a couple bites of good quality dark chocolate will go a long way in keeping the non-paleo cravings at bay. This recipe that we found from the Huffington Post let’s you make bark your own using any dark chocolate base you want. Then you can add in whatever toppings you want!
We love this recipe because it calls for BACON (always a win) and almonds. Mix in lemon or orange zest for a citrus burst, mint leaves, coconut flakes or even our Original PaleoKrunch!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes cooking, 15 minutes resting
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 12-oz bags dark chocolate chips
5 slices bacon, diced
½ cup roasted and salted almonds
1. In a small frying pan over medium heat, add bacon and sauté for about 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
2. Place cooked bacon onto plate lined with paper towels to absorb the grease.
3. Chop bacon to desired size and set aside.
4. Chop almonds and set aside.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Fill a small sauce pan with 1-2 inches of water.
7. Bring water to a boil.
8. Place a heatproof bowl over saucepan and add chocolate chips.
9. Melt chocolate slowly in double boiler, stirring continuously.
10. Once all chocolate is melted, pour over parchment paper.
11. Using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate evenly over baking sheet.
12. Sprinkle with almonds, bacon and PaleoKrunch.
13. Set baking sheet in refrigerator until chocolate has cooled.