Your days of not having sandwiches on the Paleo diet are over! This Paleo Sandwich Bread holds up well to pilling it full of delicious meats, veggies, and sauces. You can eat it soft or toast it up for a nice crunch as well. With this recipe in hand you’ll find it easy to not slip back into eating regular ole’ bread out of convenience. With just one bowl and a handful of simple ingredients you’ll have a fluffy loaf of bread in no time.
Typically, Paleo bread is inherently more dense than normal bread but the tapioca in this recipe keeps the bread light and airy. Since we’re using nut butter in this recipe the bread develops a crust like exterior that adds a nice crunch. It’s a great contrast to the soft airy middle.
If sandwiches aren’t your thing try cutting the slices into sticks and making french toast! All you’d need to do is soak them in an egg wash with some cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Fry them in a little coconut oil and top them off with some maple or date syrup and maybe a handful of your favorite granola!
You can also cut the pieces into cubes to make croutons, bread pudding, or stuffing. Just bake the pieces in a low temperature oven to dry them out so they’ll take on the texture of day old bread.
You can also adapt this to make a sweeter style loaf instead of a savory one. Just switch out the plain nut butter for a lightly sweetened one then add in a little vanilla, any spices that you enjoy, and a little honey, maple syrup, or date syrup to taste. This would work well for a breakfast style toast with a little jam. The options really are endless!
PALEO SANDWICH BREAD
Yields: 8 slices
- 1 cup nut butter (the only ingredient should be nuts)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Will keep up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 5 days refrigerated.