1/2 sweet onion
3 celery stalks
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup Steve’s PaleoGoods Maple Mustard
1. Heat over to 450 degrees.
2. Rough chop sweet onion, celery stalks, garlic cloves, and slice two lemons – place on the bottom of the cast iron skillet with some avocado oil.
3. Clean out insides of the chicken (might not need to include), then put the chicken on top – breasts facing up.
4. Take a handful of chopped onion, a few garlic cloves, and a half lemon and stuff in the chicken.
5. Drizzle some avocado oil all over top of chicken, squeeze a lemon all over, add garlic powder, pepper (and salt if desired). Use your hand to massage the oil and spices into the skin of the bird.
6. Take 12-18 inches of cooking twine and wrap it around the bone of one of the drumsticks and do the same to the other so you tie them close to one another.
7. Cook bird for 20 minutes at 450 degrees, then take out and add maple mustard on top (drizzle generously) then put back in for about 10 minutes per pound at 350 degrees. (For a 4-5lb bird, cook for approx. 65 minutes.)
8. To crisp the skin after cooking, switch the oven to broil and leave the chicken under for 2-3 minutes. (Be sure to watch as this can burn the skin quickly.) Enjoy!