Is there anything better than grilling season? No mess in the kitchen, no complicated multi-step recipes, just meat and veggies cooking and searing on the grates of the grill, flames dancing beneath your meal, and a deliciously smoky plume rising into the air and wafting throughout the immediate area, alerting all your neighbors that you are dining well today, and invoking a mouthwatering sensations in anyone who happens to pass by.
This grilled salmon recipe is everything that you need for your next grilling occasion. All too often steak or chicken get all the grilling glory, but a properly grilled salmon filet is absolutely heaven. The other component of this recipe that makes it totally unique and crowd pleasing is the salsa, and not just any salsa, but a Greek salsa. Unlike traditional Mexican salsa, this variation starts with a base of Greek vinaigrette salad dressing, then adds olives, cucumbers, tomato, onions, mint, and parsley to make delicious accompaniment to the buttery salmon.
This recipe is as simple as chopping up a few veggies, mixing them with the dressing, and throwing the salmon on the grill, so go ahead and give it a try, you’ll be glad you did. For those of you who don’t care for salmon, this salsa would also go great with grilled chicken!
Grilled Salmon with Greek Salsa
- 4 salmon filets (about 24 ounces)
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon mince mint
- ¼ cup Greek vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the salsa by combining the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, parsley, and mint in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in the Greek dressing. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and lightly grease with oil.
- Cook salmon 6-8 minutes per side until you reach your desired doneness.
- To serve, simply top each salmon filet with a generous portion of the Greek salsa.