- 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life dairy and soy free chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, add coconut oil and maple syrup and whisk together. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, stir almond flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir together until combined. Stir in one half of the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop the dough one level tablespoon at a time onto the baking sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart. Gently flatten the cookies with your fingers. For a more chocolaty cookie, top each cookie with additional chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool on pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.