This Instant Pot Thai Red Curry Chicken Soup is totally nourishing, easy to prepare, and the best part, made with minimal ingredients. You’ll need:
- Chicken Breasts
- Butternut Squash
- Red Curry Paste
- Coconut Milk
Pantry ingredients: chicken broth, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Instant Pot Thai Red Curry Chicken Soup
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lb butternut squash cubes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in your Instant Pot, and set to manual high pressure for 20 minutes for slightly firmer squash or 25 for very soft squash (perfect for if you want to have a creamier soup). Make sure the vent is set to sealing.
- At the end of the cooking time, manual release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the soup and shred. Use a potato masher or immersion blender to blend some of the butternut if a thicker soup is desired. Add the chicken back to the soup, and serve.