This Creamy Mushroom Chicken Skillet is a take on Chicken Marsala, Paleo-style. With just 5 ingredients, this easy weeknight dinner option is ready in a flash. You’ll need:
- Chicken Cutlets
- Chicken Broth
- Almond Milk
- Fresh Herbs
Plus a few pantry items like fresh herbs and oil! Serve with a green salad on the side for a complete meal.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Skillet
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 4
- 6 chicken cutlets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup almond milk
- Fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary)
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the spices and sear 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet along with the broth and a few sprigs of fresh herbs. Cook 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms start to soften and the broth is almost evaporated.
- Pour in the almond milk, and continue to cook until it reduces to a thick sauce. Add the chicken back to the skillet for 2-3 minutes, then serve.