- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 48 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (or sweetener of choice, Stevia, honey, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Coconut milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cauliflower, onion, garlic, and several sprigs of thyme on a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
2. Cook until cauliflower is fork tender. (Approximately 25 – 30 minutes.)
3. Place roasted cauliflower mix in a large pot. Add salt, pepper, turmeric, sugar, arrowroot flour, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender.
5. Garnish with coconut milk and fresh thyme.