Who doesn’t love tacos? It’s one of those universal food groups that just about everyone enjoys. Did you think that tacos were out on the Paleo diet? Think again! These Slow Cooker Peach BBQ Chicken Tacos with Peach Slaw are packed full of delicious flavor all while being 100% Paleo. Plus they’re ready with just a few minutes of hands on time with the help of your slow cooker!
To get started all you’ll need to do is toss some Steve’s chicken breasts and PaleoChef Peach BBQ Sauce into your slow cooker for a few hours, 4-6 on low or 2-3 on high. After cooking and a quick shredding it’s time to get to the fun part, stuffing the tacos!
For Paleo tortillas options you can scout out Pinterest or even use a storebought variety like Siete which is pictured here. Whichever you choose I like to add a nice char to the tortillas with a little help from my gas stove. Don’t worry though, if you don’t have a gas stove you can char them on a grill or even under your oven’s broiler for a few minute
Once charred in goes the BBQ chicken, some slaw, and a few slices of spicy jalapenos. That’s one fun taco!
Let’s talk about the slaw really quick. You can opt to use regular angel hair cabbage slaw or take the nutrition up a hair with some broccoli slaw. The crunch of the broccoli is a really great addition so that’s what we opted for here. If peaches are in season (May – September) when you make these then I’d suggest using fresh peaches in the slaw. If not, no worries you can use canned peaches and it’s still 100% delicious. Just be sure to look for peaches that are packed in water and not syrup.
Hands on time: 10 minutes
- 5 lbs Steve’s boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bottle PaleoChef Peach BBQ Sauce
- 8 tortillas (click here for Paleo options, or use Siete’s)
- 10 oz bag broccoli slaw
- 1 (15 oz) can peaches (packed in water), drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Place the chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker and top with the BBQ sauce. Set to high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6. Once cooked shred the chicken with a fork.
- In a large bowl mix together the slaw, peaches, and chives. In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour over the slaw mixture and toss to coat.
- To assemble give each tortilla a char on an open gas flame or under your broiler. Fill with BBQ chicken, slaw, and a few slices of jalapeno.