These Paleo Spiralized Egg Nests are a great breakfast option or even a dinner option. The toppings are endless but our favorite is salsa, jalapenos, and avocado: YUM!
- Spiralized Butternut Squash or Sweet Potato
Pantry ingredients: olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Spiralized Egg Nests
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces spiralized butternut squash or sweet potato noodles
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in the noodles, season with salt and pepper and saute 3-4 minutes until slightly soft. Divide the noodles into 4 separate nests and make a divot in the middle.
- Crack an egg into each divot and cover, cooking another 4-5 minutes until just the whites are set. Remove from heat and use a spatula to transfer the nests to a serving dish.
- Top with salsa, avocado, and jalapenos, and serve.