1. There are no shortcuts. Everything is reps, reps, reps.
2. Strength is not a data point; it’s not a number. It’s an attitude.
3. Focus on the moment, not the monsters that may or may not be up ahead.
4. Manage your energy. Move only when necessary and as efficiently as possible, and use only as much force as needed to accomplish your task.
5. Don’t be so sure you are limited.
6. Freedom from mental distraction is power.
7. All the great skills we ever want to learn in life can first be learned in the gym.
8. My advice is very simple; if you want something, work your ass off for it.
9. There is more than one way to pull big.
10. Play by the rules, but be ferocious.
11. Every time we make a choice to move through pain to pursue a purpose larger than ourselves, our character evolves and we become wiser.
12. There is excitement in practice … The discovery of who I am. Alone with myself and my stopwatch, I learn who I am. I find out what I can do.
13. There is only one road to true human greatness: the road through suffering.
14. You don’t train to picture yourself second place on the podium. Second place sucks.
15. I don’t diet and exercise. I eat and train.